Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Florida does not recognize gay marriage. That being said, if you are in a cohabitation scenario of any kind you may be able to litigate the contractual relationship that may have arisen while living together.  Whether the agreement was written or oral, commonly this kind of action is referred to as palimony. If you are in a long term relationship in which you cohabitate with someone of the same or opposite sex, you may want to consider having an attorney drafting a cohabitation agreement for you to sign with your significant other.  Family law attorneys are familiar with these types of agreements and understand the best ways to protect the rights of everyone involved.

No comments:

Post a Comment